Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today it rained... So since gambolling around in pouring always looks like sooooo much fun (at least in the non- horror movies) I walked in the rain. Definitely not one of my brightest ideas. It was aaall good till the effects of soaked clothes and a November chill led to the inevitable. Singing and dancing in the rain my foot! More like shivering in the rain and then the train. Oh dear Lord that train! The one day when I would welcome crowds of heat emitting, wind blocking women, I get an empty compartment. I totally get why so many animals and birds hate the water. Air and water may be essential elements but combined they can be perfectly awful. So here I am, soaked to the skin, (thank goodness I didn't wear white today), sitting in a draughty compartment slowly turning into a popsicle. And I'm not the only one. The girl in front of me is just as water logged. We took one look at each other and just burst out laughing. Make up, hair do's, clothes... All ruined by a freak cyclone in the Arabian Sea. So much effort washed away. Stupid cyclone in the Arabian Sea! Now for an hour long ride to my stop before I can mercifully get into warm dry clothes.
I think priests should really reconsider the whole burn in purgatory thing. Right now the fires of Hell seem positively welcome! Wet clothes in a draughty fast train...for an hour.  Now that's suffering for you. Fire and nice warm heat? HAH! Bring it on!

No comments: